Mert's Ramble

This is the site where Mert rambles about anything from work, to family, to martial arts, to cigars. Read, post, enjoy.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Friends...

So, second wedding in a month, and I am thoroughly done with rented shoes.

I was in Travis' wedding, standing up with him as his best man I couldn't have been more proud standing next to him as he married Sara. Then it was TJ's wedding, and to stand there as a groomsman to support him as he supported me almost eight years ago was very special. But there was something that deeply warmed my heart, and that was seeing friends I hadn't seen in a long time. Too long.

I will be one of the first to say that I have done a very bad job at staying in touch with my friends as time and/or distance has come between us. For that matter I am going to throw family in there, too. I can't say I will immediately be calling, emailing and visiting everyone I know, but I will promise to do a better job, make a better effort than I have done. First I will publish here every few days or so, and I will re-email everyone about the revival of this blog. I will start tonight and start emailing people I haven't seen in a while, or talked to in a while. Be patient with me, and I will do my best.

This time with people I haven't seen in a while has been very humbling and I want to thank every one of you for helping me see what I've been missing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home