Mert's Ramble

This is the site where Mert rambles about anything from work, to family, to martial arts, to cigars. Read, post, enjoy.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

In the beginning...

So the title sounded like promising...after all, that's how the Bible starts and God did pretty well with that one. To clarify, I am a Christian, so God's OK with a joke now and then, we've talked about it.

I have been doing my blog on Yahoo! 360, but it really does too much...I just wanted a place to blog...put my thoughts down, have my voice heard. OK, I'm conceited enough to think that people actually want to hear my thoughts and know what I'm thinking, and I just didn't like the format on Yahoo! (talk about conceit, could imagine adding a ! to the end of your name...Hi, my name is Mert!...just seem obnoxious to me).

If you read this post with any regularity from this point on, you will quickly see that I like to talk, so just sit back and enjoy.

So to start my voyage on this new site for expressing my thoughts, I'll like to quickly lay out my life...

I am 32 years old, married to a wonderful woman. I have two beautiful children, Connor is 3 1/2 and Alexis is 14 months. I am an application architect with First Data Corporation (if you want to know what we do, look us up: www. firstdatacorp.com). I am a martial artist, I practice Martial Science, which means to build personal character through the study of martial arts. Specifically, we study Judo, JuJitsu, Tae Kwan Do, Kenpo and Tai Boxing. I'm currently a red belt. I am a cigar and beer aficionado, and I love to read and write.

So, enough about me...HA! You thought you were going to get off that easy! Not a chance. However, for tonight, that will probably do it, I need to get some sleep, I have a very long day tomorrow into Friday and possibly Saturday. Good night!

1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mert, I'm looking forward to hearing about books you're reading. And just where is Colordo?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home