Mert's Ramble

This is the site where Mert rambles about anything from work, to family, to martial arts, to cigars. Read, post, enjoy.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

OK, so I'm going to try this again, and see if I can put something here interesting and worth reading. No promises.

In trying to find something profound in my life, I find that I am slipping into a life that I have both wanted and feared. I am a regular guy. I have a wife, two kids, a nice house and a couple of cars. I have a few good friends, a few acquaintences and the people I work with. I don't have a dog anymore, but to be honest sometimes I'd like to have one again.

I used to fear and dread being 'like everyone else'. I still do things that make me unique, as we all do. I shave my head, I do martial arts and I love cigars. Alone these things are not really unique, but the combination isn't one I've seen yet. But the point isn't to be unique, it's just to be me. I have had a hard time (and I'm still working on it) accepting that a lot of me actually is just a regular guy, and that's OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home