Mert's Ramble

This is the site where Mert rambles about anything from work, to family, to martial arts, to cigars. Read, post, enjoy.

Monday, November 21, 2005

And you thought that was sleep depravation...

OK, so I was tired the last time I posted. Well, nothing's changed. It's 2:32 CST and I have had two hours of sleep in the last 33...yes, that sucks. But enough complaining, we are implemented! We have successfully gone live with Ariba Buyer 8.2.1 SP 11.02, and I am feeling like a proud papa (which you should know I am...but that's another posting).

I once heard the phrase 'If it's not hard, it's not worth doing'. By that logic, this was definitely worth doing. I have learned many lessons, and I think I've grown as an architect in this whole process. Between managing the different personalities, handling the problems and challenges that came up, and managing upwards (something that I've never been that good at) I feel I have learned a lot.

The Bible says 'as iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of another man' (rough Mert translation). I feel I've been being sharpened over the last couple of months. I've been tested by fire, and now it's time to cool down. So I am on call this week, but not going to be in to work. It ended up being good timing, I think, to go live on Thanksgiving week, fewer users, less stress. At least that's the thought.

Anyway, time to wrap up here and get my stuff and start thinking about getting home. Yeah, looking forward to home.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanks Giving! Hope you get some good rest.

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As tired as Mert was after all of that, he still managed to go to the Avalanche game with me Monday night. Even though they lost, it was still fun, and we became part of history. That is right, we became part of the Guinness record for the most simultaneous bell ringers in one location! I think my ears are still ringing!

Anyway, it was nice to be home for Thanksgiving, and see the family. I guess the next trip home will probably be for the Bolder Boulder...get your running shoes ready!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home